1. Q: Who am I and where am I from? A: I am Stan Goworek, from Bayonne, NJ. Divorced with no kids, happened long before I became a believer.
2. Q: If a Christian, how did you become a Christian? A: I became a Christian by being born into Roman Catholicism, taking the sacraments, believing in God as a youth, and then getting caught up in the "ways of this world" to a degree few can imagine (I hope...). I basically "hit bottom" in life at age 36, and humbly asked God for help. I haven't looked back, and these last two years have been (by far) the best of my life. Alcohol, bad investments, overeating, bad choices with friends, bad choices in everything: they all played a part in my conversion.
3. Q: What is your favorite movie? The Passion of Christ because it actually made me cry!
4. Q: Coke or Pepsi? A: Pepsi
5. Q: What is the most interesting thing about you? A: I have no idea - maybe the fact that I have a loud, distinct voice which seems to get me into trouble (ha ha) more often then not?
I began studying the bible about 15 months ago. I really didn't know much about the bible before that. I have great people in my life today. I am involved with a 12 step club which has served as a "Bridging the Gap" venue for many folks, and we have MANY who are hungry and wanting to learn more.
I am taking this course to help me think better; to help me understand all sides better (I live in a very, very diverse part of the country); and, to help keep me "motivated" by the interaction.
I pray all of you are getting as much out of this as I am. God Bless,Stan[/b]