Sideloading ebooks means that instead of purchasing from Amazon or Barnes and Noble or Apple Store, where the books just magically show up in your bookshelf, you are manually adding books to your reading device... ipad, iphone, kindle, nook, etc.
One method is to use the web browser and go to the page with the link to the epub or mobi file and tell your device to open in iBook reader or whatever app you are using.
The second method is to download to your PC and then connect your reader to the computer with a USB cable and then copy the file to the appropriate location. Below are specific instructions for popular devices:
-Download the ePub book to your PC
-Go to iTunes and choose File, Open and find the downloaded ePub
-Select your device on the left and choose "Books" from the top menu
-Either sync all books or check the box next to the new book
-Sync your device
Method 1 - Manual method
- Connect your Kindle Fire to your PC with USB cable. (you must purchase separately)
- You'll see an SDCARD drive mounted once connected.
- Copy your *.mobi files into the Documents folder.
- To view your books, go to Home, Docs, and then you'll see the book there on the shelf.
Method 2 - Use Calibre
- Install Calibre (it's free)
- Add the book to your Calibre Library
- Connect your Fire
- Choose book and right mouse click
- Choose send to device
- Books should show up in your Books bookshelf
If they don't, open Calibre, Preferences, Output Options, Mobi conversion options and remove the [Pdoc] text from the Personal doc box and save your preferences. Then reconvert the book from mobi to mobi or epub to mobi and re-send to your Fire. Then it should show up on the Books bookshelf.